Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Oh how I love WATER!!

Last week I got to spend three days on Lake Powell in Utah on a houseboat. It is a beautiful place with lots of rock structures. I got to enjoy two absolutely beautiful sunrises and got to swim in water for hours at a time. I also tried to water ski. It was not pretty, but I did get standing a couple of times. It is humbling not to be able to do something when you try. I met a couple really neat couples. One couple was a retired National Guard Sargeant who is now living out his hippy days :) He has a long beard and long hair and is on a crash course of learning to be chill and play with all the toys (fishing, guitar, etc.) that he has accumulated over the years. His wife is a geologist for the National Guard and a hip fifty something lady. The other couple was a classmate of my mother's and a former student of my Grandmother (weird) but he had probably 6-10 fishing poles on his boat and enjoying the heck out of getting to fish at anytime, anywhere and his wife had a really quick sense of humor so we spend a lot of the time laughing and enjoying good food. Now I am back and working. I can't even begin to express how thankful I am to have the job I have right now that allows me to have time to go on these little adventures and enjoy God's creation.

2 comments:

Jaime said...

so fun! you are doing some extra random adventures out there. i love to hear that you are loving it... miss you.

Anonymous said...

i'm so jealous!! glad you're enjoying yourself. i enjoy water too...i had the beach a few weeks ago...but lately it's just been the bathtub..but that is always a highlight despite there is no sand or sun.