Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Surprises

You know life is full of little surprises. Last week I got to go to a training on being a facilitator for the Nurturing Parenting program where it helps families to raise their children in nurturing and not abusive homes. You know you go to a training and just expect to learn the information. This training was very personal and deep, which was such a surprise, but it stirred up a deep sadness. It made me realize how much I miss having deep/vulnerable conversation. We talked about our stresses, our fears, and our struggles. I just realized that even after three years I continue to struggle connecting with my community. I was talking with a co-worker about this and I think part of it has to do with the job that I do. I have built up a wall again b/c of always being aware of confidentiality and also boundaries with client's. I am going to have to find balance on this one. But I sure am looking forward to facilitating the nurturing parenting classes. I think that it will be really good and something that will teach me a lot. On another note, I got the priveledge of watching my husband participate in a ranch rodeo. It was tons of fun. If anyone gets a chance to go to a ranch rodeo it is a good time. I was very proud of my husband. Today is our two year anniversary. I told him last night that I can hardly believe that it has been two years b/c it feels like so much has happened in these two years. I do love my husband and love our life together no matter the struggles and challenges. Life is quite the journey.

No comments: