Friday, July 17, 2009

Holiday weekends

I have decided that holiday weekends are not the time to have a wedding. I was in my friends wedding that was on the fourth of July. There were several things that made it challenging. The first was being married this time. It is hard to take care of your responsibilities of the wedding party and keep your family entertained in the meanwhile. It is hard to be involved in a wedding where you have lived before. It makes it hard to visit with everyone that you want to see. The other challenge is that your responsiblities make it so your family cannot enjoy the festivities of the holiday. We missed the parade and going camping over the weekend. Thankfully I will never have to plan my own wedding again but for others please don't schedule your wedding on a holiday weekend :)

No comments: