Thursday, January 05, 2012

Family Pics

The boys


Four generations



This was my attempt at trying to get everyone in a picture together.  It did not work out quite like I had wanted but it is better than nothing.  At least we have the kids in Christmasy clothes since I didn't get to have them wear them at Christmas.  We had a huge malfunction in planning which resulted in me and the younger two missing Christmas Eve service and getting stranded at my in-laws until Rusty could come pick us up.  We had a good Christmas with both sides of the family.  We did absolutely nothing to celebrate the new year other than watch New York festivities and the Rose Parade.  I couldn't have been happier.  I have to say that I was not sorry to see 2011 go and for 2012 to start.  2011 was a year of financial struggle like no other year, Rusty being in school, wrecking the van and have various other vehicles die on us, Rusty's sister and family moving to Texas, and Rusty's grandfather passing away right before Christmas.  Our hopes for the new year is for Rusty to graduate and find a wonderful job, get our debt paid down, and be able to travel and see people again.  The things that I am thankful for always no matter what the year is like is my wonderful husband, children, and family.  That we have a roof over our head and food to eat.  We have a church family that supports us and we have a God that loves us more than we can ever begin to grasp.  Happy New Year everybody. 

1 comment:

gotomakan said...

Happy New Year, Laura B!